Our Landscape Construction Services Include:
Why does a driveway need to be properly graded?
- Removes potholes, wash boarding
- Makes certain the sub-grade is stable so driveway is built on a solid foundation
- To make sure water drains and sheds properly
- To keep water from drainage away from home and garage to avoid flooding
- To prevent pooling and standing water
We can offer the following driveway surfaces:
- Various Sized Gravel
- Crushed Ledge
- Acadia Park Mix
- Granite Cobblestone
- Interlocking Concrete Pavers
What is the function of a culvert?
Simply, a culvert is a structure that allows water to flow under a road, driveway, or similar obstruction from one side to the other, also used for drainage ditches.
Why install or replace a culvert?
Besides installing a new culvert for new construction, old culverts fail for a variety of reasons.
- Maintenance, environmental, functional failures related to capacity and volume cause the erosion of the soil around or under them.
- Structural or material failures cause culverts to fail due to collapse or corrosion.
To preserve the shoreline environment, we offer various stabilization methods:
- Planting of vegetation – strengthens the structural integrity and prevents the soil from deteriorating. Deep roots of these plants bind the soil in the earth. Trees and branches protect the shoreline from rainfall and winds.
- Reshaping of grades and slopes – reduces the crashing of waves and the energy of the force which drastically increases erosion.
- Rock, rip-rap, stone blocks – used for high strength and durability as a retaining wall to preserve the existing shoreline land mass along with protection from the weather and surf coming in off the water source.
How does it work?
The purpose is to protect the integrity of the road by draining rain and snow melt away from the roadway to a lower elevation, preventing flooding and keeping the stability of the road subgrade intact.
Why is it important?
Prevents water from carving its own, independent path.
Reduces sediment and pollutants from draining into improper areas.
Protection of environmental natural waterways from road debris.